Image Map

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bacon Cheddar BBQ Chicken on Kaiser Roll Recipe. DE-LICIOUS.

Mmmm....


This recipe is actually pretty quick and absolutely nomtastical. Great for those nights that you want to sit down and eat but don't have the time to prepare something big. Now forgive me I don't cook with exact measurements. Everyone is different so I just guestimate everything. 

You will need:

Crockpot
Oven
Baking Sheet

Chicken
BBQ Sauce
Sliced Cheddar Cheese
Kaiser Roll
Bacon (I used turkey bacon to make it a little healthier, but good ol' fashioned pork works too!)

That's it. Five ingredients! Can't beat that!

Throw the chicken in the crock pot and cover that baby in BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours and then shred that chicken. I use a fork and tongs to pull it apart, but play around with it and decide what works best for you. 

Now that your chicken is done, cook up some bacon. Make sure to test a few pieces to make sure it's not poisoned. If you love your family this is MANDATORY.

Take your kaiser roll and pile your BBQ chicken, a slice of cheddar cheese, and a few strips of your bacon on top of it. Toss them in the oven on broil for about two minutes, pull out, and enjoy. 

These are a favorite here in our house and I love how simple they are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stroke my ego baby!