Image Map

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Believer Cookie.

I've made no secret about the fact that I'm an Atheist. My entire family knows, and they're all religious in one way or another. I posted a bit of a conversation about the Believer Cookie recently, but I wanted to finish telling the story today. 

First, I had walked into my step aunts house to pick up my brother for football practice. 

Me: What's going on with that?
Kelly: Grilled turkey and cheese.
Me: No, not that. THAT.
Kelly: Those are cookies for VBS. 
Me: But I won't be there... can I have one?
Kelly: No. These are believer cookies. Just for people that believe in God. 
Me: But...
Kelly: Nope. Believer cookies. 
Me: Are they made with holy water?
Kevin: They've been blessed too.
Me: But...
Kelly: Do you believe in God Becca?
Me: No...
Kelly: Then no cookie for you.
Me: Wouldn't it be just as bad for me to say that I believed in God just for a cookie?
Kelly: Yup.
Me: ..... would it work?
Kelly: Nope.
Me: Damn it. 


I left without my cookie and was extremely sad, because it looked amazing. Later that night after I got back from my brothers practice my stepmom came home. She had to run to her sister's house and I asked her to bring me back a cookie. When she came home I was outside.

Me: Did you bring my cookie?!
Kim: Kelly wants to know if you believe yet. 
Me: I believe that cookie looks delicious. 

We went into the house and she handed me the cookie. It looked amazing. 



I took a picture, ate the crap out of the cookie, and posted it on Facebook with the following statement.

Me: Kim stole me a believer cookie. Much like Eve with the Apple, it tasted that much better because it was forbidden. The holy water burned my tongue a bit, but worth every bite. NOM.

She commented on it and said: I didn't steal it. it was a gift. Hopefully the Spirit is growing in your heart as we speak.

I responded with: IT WAS A TRAP ALL ALONG! And with one cookie her heart grew three sizes that day... wait... wrong book.

I also changed the wording on the picture to: Kim bestowed upon me the gift of a believer cookie. Much like Eve with the Apple, it tasted that much better because I knew it should be forbidden because I am not truly a believer. The holy water burned my tongue a bit, but worth every bite. NOM.


The very next morning I woke up and had started my period. I was cramping something fierce and found my step mom on the phone with her sister.

Me: My uterus feels like it's falling out. Do you have anything I can take?
Kim: Kelly said it's the believer cookie, the transformation is starting.

Me: I can't help but feel like Eve right now. Eat the forbidden cookie, bam. Period. If God's trying to get me onto team Christian, this is not the way to do it. 

I can't help but feel like if at any point in my life I do start believing in God, that Kelly is going to take the credit for it saying that the Believer Cookie has finally worked. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stroke my ego baby!