Wednesday, October 14, 2015

You're a Security Guard not a Cop

The last time I posted I was getting ready to start Orientation at Walmart. I did that thing and I'm bored to tears already. There's only so many videos you can watch before you can physically feel your brain turning to mush. The first day we had a transgender woman in our class who had worked there before. She just needed to fill out paperwork but the systems were acting up so it took four hours to put six people into the system. This woman talked for four hours straight about how she lived in Argentina for three months when she got her sex change, and how much she loved Argentina, and all about her sisters dead husband and how her nieces love her, and blah blah blah. Four hours straight, anytime someone tried to change the subject off of her she'd swing it right on back. It was annoying and by the time her paperwork was in and she was freed to go to the deli I was about two minutes away from beating her with a chair telling her to shut up. So the first day took FOREVER and then they had wanted me to come back on Saturday to finish up. When they mentioned Saturday you saw the collective groups faces fall and the trainer was like "Well maaaaaybe Monday works better."

Saturday night we had another party and things got a bit out of hand. Two soldiers almost got into a fight so after separating them I ended up calling CQ and telling them they needed to come and pick up the instigator. I was absolutely over it. By the end of the night I ended up going to bed pretty pissed and very sober. It was not a fun night.

I did steal Jake's California hat though, so that was cool. Gangstaaa.

Sunday I went home and brought Harris with me. I cooked him dinner and watched the season finale of Fear the Walking dead which HOLY CRAP. I then made Harris shut his mouth while I watched the season premiere of The Walking Dead. I was actually pretty disappointed in that one and it made me kinda sad. It was good, but not nearly as good as I was expecting.

Monday was back to orientation and it once again took forever. We had the head of Walmart security thing come in and talk to us and it took everything in me for my eyes not to be stuck in perpetual rolling this lady was so full of herself. She very seriously compared herself to a police officer, then said if we saw any of her asset protection team on the floor we were not allowed to talk to them by name because it could put their lives in danger. She also drives home a different way every night to make sure she's not being followed and compared Walmart policy to laws and the way that they reprimand people to the actual judicial system. As one of my friends said this lady needs to roll back on that power trip. After all that jazz happened I was sent out on the floor for an hour and went to my section. One of my coworkers was really excited to meet me and immediately drug me over to another male coworker and introduced me. She was giving him these weird looks while I said hi and then I went back to work. Dude then came up to me five minutes later and introduced himself again and shook my hand. She continued to give him weird looks and I went on my way of stocking things. I heard her around the corner telling another co-worker that she had a bet with the dude that she could find him a girlfriend which explains the weird looks she was giving him. K no thanks. I'm just here to work, don't make it weird. I went back after lunch and tried to work on the computer programs but the system went out again and I was sent home 30 minutes early.

I was supposed to go to work yesterday but before work I stopped into Ashley's house to say hi. I went to turn on my car when it was time to leave and the only thing that came on was the radio. I called and explained the situation and was rescheduled to come in today, so I have to go do that in two hours. I got my car jumped and it turns out the thing that holds my battery in place is all sorts of corroded so I have to replace that. I ended up running home and getting my dogs while leaving the car running so that I could get a ride to work today if need be. It doesn't seem to be needed at the moment because my car started this morning but hopefully it'll be an easy fix and I won't need worry about it dying on me again.

Tomorrow I have my appointment to hopefully get my surgery scheduled and I'm going to be so mad if I need to do more things before getting my surgery date. The closer I get the more I'm freaking out but I know this is something I need to do for me so I'm going to suck up the scared shitless portion and just do the thing.

That's about it at the moment, but it's been a couple days and I didn't want to get yelled at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stroke my ego baby!