Image Map

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

If You Wanna Be My Lover, You Better Stay The Hell Away From My Friends.

With everything going on and changing in my life I have made the decision to actively avoid a relationship for a year. My goal is to stay single and focus on work and working out. My life will be about getting out of debt, getting into shape, and building a loving relationship with myself. The last two men I've been interested in (near miss man and the husband) have had a huge share of issues that they need to work out on their own. Both of them have also shown me how I do and don't want to be treated in a relationship, and things that are and aren't worth fighting for. Because of this I've come up with a small list that whoever I date next must meet to be able to move forward in the whole dating thing. They're all pretty serious to me which means I'll be single for the rest of my days. Ready? These are in no particular order.

1) Must be okay with the fact that at some point in my life I fully intend on having a pet pig.
2) Must have hobbies other than video games.
3) Must not have addiction issues.
4) Must be willing to build a blanket fort with me to hide in after a really bad day.
5) Must not be crazy. I'm crazy enough for this relationship thank you
6) Must love themselves. I have enough saving myself to do, I don't need to be responsible for saving someone else too.
7) Must not come with baby momma drama. I'm fine with having kids, but if they can't have a working joint parenting relationship I don't need to get involved.
8) Must be okay with the fact that I sometimes feel the need to sing Disney songs on the top of my lungs and bonus points if they join in.
9) Must be capable of cleaning up after themselves.
10) MUST want a partner, not a parent.
11) Must want an active sex life with just me.
12) Must be okay with me dragging them to every new Disney/Pixar movie to come out.
13) Must want children at some point.
14) Must make me smile.
15) Must treat me as well as I treat them.
16) Must want to spend time with me, as well as time on their own with their friends.
17) Must be responsible with their money.
18) Must be a fully functioning adult.
19) Must build me up instead of tear me down.
20) Must get my mom and best friends approvals.


There's a lot more of them, but these are my official musts. Bonus would be ginger, tall, and tattoo'd but I'm willing to let that one go for the right dude. Maybe someday I'll find someone that meets my criteria, but until then I'm 25 years old and have a lot of shit to accomplish on my own and I can't allow anyone to bring me down with them.

6 comments:

  1. Love this!! It is a great list! Loving yourself will bring better people into your life! And help you stick to making sure you stick to the list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly one of the absolute most serious things on the list is the pig. I'm getting a pig.

      Delete
  2. These are all great things. I understand about "project" partners. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. You're lucky to have figured that out early and without children *phew* the right person will compliment you and you them :)
    When I decided I was looking for a grown ass relationship I went on eharmony. I figured if someone is going to pay decent money to find a date they were looking for more than a casual bang. Also they have a HUGE personality survey and profile for you to fill out. Seriously it took me two hours. They give you a personality profile from your survey and it was right on the money with me. Described and explained me to a t. It even nailed my less than desirable traits. Anyhoowwww, after a few months of actively dating different people I got matched with my now husband and he's perfect for me and I for him! Those cornball commercials are true! We're similar even down to little random things. Like we both drew our own comics as kids. And we can handle each other's crazies!
    Forgive me for rambling and if I've already mentioned this story. But when you're interested in finding a serious partner eharmony is the shiznit! Okay bye. -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey your must haves sound great. Its good to know what you want and what you won't put up with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my marriage I definitely know what I won't put up with now!

      Delete

Stroke my ego baby!