Image Map

Monday, April 27, 2015

Dear Parents

Today is the first day of my 30 days 30 letters challenge and it's letters to your parents. I'm lucky enough to have four of them, so today there will be four letters for the price of one, and off we go.




Dear Mom,

You are my rock, my confidant, and one of my best friends. I know that whether I have good news, bad news, need advice, or just someone to listen to me vent that I can call you up and you'll listen. You have been there for me through every major event in my life even if I didn't necessarily want you there. You've protected me the best you can but always let me make my own mistakes. You let me suffer heartbreak while being there to help me pick up the pieces. You've supported me becoming my own person and have played a huge role in me discovering the woman that I am today. I can't thank you enough for all of the support you've given me. I love you with all of my heart.
  




Dear Dad,

I can always count on you to be there for me when I need you. You may suck at staying in contact but I know that I can call you anytime and you'll answer even if you're on the job. You took me in when I needed you even though I know it put a strain on you. You're able to make me laugh when I feel like crying, and joking around with you is one of my favorite parts of our relationship. I love you!




 Dear Kim,

When I first met you I wasn't exactly you're biggest fan and I didn't even attempt to hide it. Over the years my opinion of you has changed and I love you a whole lot more now that I'm an adult. You're extremely easy to talk to and you always give me rational advice. You're fun to be around and I love that I know you're always there for me. You've been a huge support over the past few years and I appreciate everything you've done for me. I love you.




Dear Dad,

I've realized I don't have a single picture of just the two of us. You're getting stuck with us taking a selfie when I get there. I just wanted to thank you for everything you've ever done for our family. There were times where I genuinely couldn't stand you but as an adult I can see why you did everything you've done. You've always been a huge support to our family, and I'm thankful every day for you coming into our lives. You came into and changed our lives for the better. You've treated us as your own when you didn't have to and I can't put into words how much that means to me. I still remember the first time that I called you Dad, you were clearly surprised but you didn't miss a beat at accepting it. I want you to know that I love you and am beyond thankful that I'm able to call you my dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stroke my ego baby!